Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows restored itself....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oakr8ers

oakr8ers

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

I think I caught something on my computer but the main thing that happened to me today is that after i restarted the computer before it loaded the desktop a pop-up came up that said it couldn't find the local profile and had to use a guest one or something like that. When the desktop loaded it was like it got restored to a previsous pooint and all my pictures nd music were gone. My question is are these gone for good or is there a way to recover them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oakr8ers

oakr8ers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

okay update on this....
i was able to get access to my my documents folder by going to C:\Documents and Settings\.

now my problem is first off that i still can not log on to my original windows profiles with all my docs and settings.

my second problem is that i have some type of spyware, adware, virus, or some other type of thing that i don't know about on here.

a few of the problems is that in the add/remove programs there are files in there simply called random things, like copy, webreg, docpro, hpmdtab, instantshare, qfolder, and a couple others ones but when you click on them all it says is that they are used rarely and theres no option to uninstall or nothing.

another problem is that there is this thing on the left side of the screen that gives access to your my documents, your shared folders, network places, and a couple other things. it is a bout a couple inches thick and stretches vertically across the screen. the format of it matches perfectly with how windows looks too.

the other other things i see is that i get some pop-ups to random sites and in the bottom right hand corner where it usually shows your internet connection that is not there anymore and it has always been there in the past.

thank you in advance to anyone that can provide some help.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

You should post in Am I Infected and get expert help.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

Backup your files (and be aware that they may be infected).
I'll move this over to the Am I Infected forum....
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 oakr8ers

oakr8ers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

:BUMP:

I backed up all of my documents and everything real important I needed.

Can anyone offer any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users