Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Andur

Andur

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

Since I updated my driver's for my sound card, sound has been scratchy, can cut out for a second, and it also causes music, videos, and games to lag.
Thus far I've tried using different speakers (although that wouldn't be the problem, if my video also lags), rolling back my drivers, reinstalling, for both sound and video,
if video is really the problem. Nothing thus far has worked. I'm hoping someone has a solution I haven't tried yet, cause I'd rather not go to the extreme of buying a new card.
Sound card is a Realtek High Definition Audio, driver is version 5.10.0.5755 (5.10.0.5745 after rollback).
Video Card is Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT, driver for that is 6.14.11.7824.
Running system is Windows XP, SP3.
Again I'm thinking its a driver problem, but I have nothing else to do, if anyone can help, that wouldd be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users