Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100% CPU constantly and 0% system idle process!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Killer Thing

Killer Thing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

For the past 2 or 3 days I have been getting 100% cpu usage and 0 on system idle process. It takes about a minute or longer for a program just to appear in processes before being launched. AVG and MalwareBytes come up with nothing. I have found a suspicious file in msconfig called 'myuwmyapicpg.exe' running in C:\Windows\System32.

ULCDRSVr.exe, slserv.exe, avgscanx.exe (I am currently running scans) and csrss.exe are taking up between 13 and 60% of the CPU.

I am running:
Windows XP Home SP2 32 bit (I am sure I updated to SP3...)
3 gb of ram (I actually have 4)
2 Intel Pentium 4 CPU's at 3.06GHz
nVidia 8800GT gfx card
Onboard sound

Ask if you need any more info

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Both valid

ULCDRSvr.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/U...r.exe-7639.html
slserv.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/s...v.exe-8245.html

myuwmyapicpg.exe
More than likely malware
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Killer Thing

Killer Thing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

The program myuwmyapicg.exe wasn't in C:\WINDOWS and had infact been deleted a while back (I had a look at virus deletion logs) . Found the problem though. slserv.exe AND ULCDRSvr.exe are the evil processes. I dont even have a modem so I guess it is safe to disable slserv.exe and I don't have Ulead DVD workshop. They seem to have been working together or something as when I killed one in processes I was still using 100% CPU. I had to kill both. Thanks for the help anyways.

Edited by Killer Thing, 18 December 2008 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users