Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing AVG 8.0.175

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wadewest

wadewest

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

Hello, AVG will no longer update and is causing windows to annoyingly notify me that my anti-virus is not up to date. Additionally, when I try to manually update, windows will freeze. When attempting an uninstall, the application will 'update' before installing causing the same. I want to be rid of this AV, for the record I am planning to switch to Avast! I want a lightweight program that won't freeze on me! I hope Avast! can do that for me.
Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks, -Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

I read about this new app called AppRemover over at Appscout today. It might be exactly what you're looking for. It's still in Beta so it may not be fully cooked. Read the review yourself.

http://www.appscout.com/2008/12/appremover...itching_sec.php

#3 wadewest

wadewest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

frankp316, thank you very much, I am downloading AppRemover now and will let you know how it goes.

#4 wadewest

wadewest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

frankp316,

AppRemover is extremely impressive! AVG was completely removed in a matter of seconds and I was able to install Avast! right away. I appreciate the help very much! Thank you!

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Glad it worked. Those RSS feeds come in handy again. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users