Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking black screen in normal boot mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlazingSpeed

BlazingSpeed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Hello, three nights ago my PC started blinking and freezing every five seconds so I used a few programs like CCleaner and Spybot S&D as well as but they did not find anything I had a malware problem a year ago so I went to Majorgeeks.com site and tried their Windows XP cleaning procedure and Generic Malware removal procedures with programs such as about:Buster and HSremover.

I had also tried to uninstall and reinstall my Mcfee anti virus system (which wasn't picking up anything after repeated scans...) but that only seemed to make things worse I did manage to put Windows default firewall back up in normal mode dispite the freezing screen.

As I was doing all of this I was referred to the antimalware program FDfix through Pacman's process checking site (I am at my college library and forgot to bring the actually info today...) and so after the above procedures failed I had tried to use FDfix in safe mode as instructed by the site.

However, when I had rebooted my system for the final FD check my PC crashed and I had to boot up in safe mode which works fine.

I have attached the two RSIT logs as your preparation guide states any help as to what I should do is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlazingSpeed

BlazingSpeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

Hello again the problems seems to have been solved thanks again for looking...

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for informing us.

Should you find other problems please start a new topic.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users