Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hot Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bohunter

Bohunter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

Simple question and probably a simple answwer, I just don't know it. I recently purchased a new computer and a new computer cabinet. This new cabinet is completely enclosed, no opening in the rear and doors on the front. My computer is inside. Does this enclosure, which creates a build up of heat when the computer is running, hurt the computer?
Thanks,
Bohunter.......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

If the build up of heat is significant, it will be drawn into your case, and could cause serious damage. I would certainly suggest you drill some air holes in the enclosure to allow air to circulate.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

Put a simple thermometer in the enclosure and monitor the temps. Shouldn't be more than room temperature for sure. Drilling or making some holes in the rear won't harm the aesthetics at all and allow for circulation. Leave the door open when using the computer at the very least. How do you get the wiring from the computer to the outside of the enclosure?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

Check this out: Click here. If you use it, you won't have to guess.

Edit: I made the address a clickable link, nothing else.

Edited by TexasAngel67, 15 May 2005 - 10:08 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:44 PM

I would also recomend adding a few fans if you want to be on the safe side after drilling some holes. :thumbsup: You can get them for about $20 bucks each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users