Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pentium CPUs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:21 PM

What is the real difference between Pentium I, II, III, and IV?

Some say that it is the CPU range in speed. I have seen some P3s have a faster clock speed then some P4s

Others say it is just a marketing thing. The class of Pentium does not really matter, as it is just to show a type of 'evolution' from model to model; but does not necessarily mean that it is faster.

What do you think?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:00 PM

Well I would right a history but dont get a p1,,lol...The biggest differecne is the cache. Onboard and on the die of the cpu. And ofcourse most p4's will always outpreform a p3 there are some kick butt p3 though. And dont forget pins! But there is always a big difference in the mext ge cpu's when the p4 comeout there will be a big differecne in those!

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:19 PM

Sorry Je didnt see it you go brunt! Yep mostly just the speed ive noticed. They also have athlo,centrino,celeron others..... O yes and what brunt said the cache is alot bigger....My pentium 2 dont even compare to the new pcs in that way or speed.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users