Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple or Sony?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DamSexy

DamSexy

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

I have recently been thinking of purchasing a new computer, however not sure which one to buy! its between an Apple make or Sony. Please could you tell me which make is the best for computers?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 appleswitch

appleswitch

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:19 AM

Short answer - Apple computer

longer answer - Apples just work, An apple wont get virus', you won't get hacked, you don't have to wory about you computer "they just work". Apples don't crash like windows crashes, windows Is the only operatiing system out there not based on UNIX making It unstable. you can do more on a mac and you can do everything easier. Apple-only apps are easier to use and are often more advanced than any of the applications on windows. Apples run a newer veresion of microsoft word with more features then the windows version and All major applications like Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

longest answer -
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2591

#3 MalikTous

MalikTous

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

If you're going to play games a lot, build yourself a PC - or have a local custom PC assembler shop build one for you and give you a local warranty. Don't buy a Mitsubishi (Sony) comp... You could also have a Web outfit like Falcon Northwest build it, but that's pricey.

If you're not into games, a PowerMac is excellent for its relative immunity to digital vandalism. There are a few 'Mac virus' infections and several more for BSD UNIX (the Darwin kernel under OS10), but these few and those PC worms that could be inadvertantly forwarded in an eMail should fade with the installation of F-Prot's BSD UNIX antivirus scanner. Your Mac will do better with OpenOffice.org instead of the crack-prone MS Office versions for Mac. Same goes for the Mac version of Internet Explorer, now officially abandonware... you have Safari and can add Opera and Firefox, and use the UNIX shell with Konqueror. iMac has most of these options and a lower price tag, and the Mac Mini and eMac are not as bad as those horrid Dell, HP/Compaq, Gateway/eMachines, and Packard-Bell 'home grade discount' crackerboxes. (Note that Dell, Gateway, and HP do build decent office/server PCs, and charge more for them too!)

If I needed both home gaming and a working laptop, I'd recommend a PowerBook laptop for work and a home-built or custom shop built PC at home. iBook Apples are OK, but not as capable as PowerBook...
'Open the @^!&&!#& hatch, Hal!'

'I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that...'

#4 appleswitch

appleswitch

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

I would recomend the iWork Suite with "Pages" and "Keynote". They are alot easier to use, Lots of export options including word; powerpoint; flash; pdf; html; rtf; plain text; and more.

Apple :: Pages
Apple :: Compatibility
Appleswitch :: Board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users