Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus gone now blue screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bone-daddeo

bone-daddeo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

New member.
Thanks for all your help so far. It's been great.

I had svnshost.exe. I think I got it from a music file? It prevented me from running any antispyware programs, websites were blocked - including this one, it would load an autorun file and a system.exe file my flashdrive, stuck a stop sign on my system tray, warning popup to down load software. Then I started getting a pop up spyware scan was stopped before finishing continue scan?

An attempts to delete it resulted in it coming right back. Including on my flash drive.

Following advice I read here, I booted in safe mode and deleted svnshost.exe. Ran mbam which detected a bunch of stuff. Told it to remove all checked items. Needed to reboot to remove I think malware.trace or similar.

Anyway, when I went to reboot I got a blue screen that said I had hardware that had no drivers and it stopped. I'm guessing a driver was either infected or mistaken for being infected? Is there someway I can systematically figure out which driver is missing?

BTW I teach high school and it seems this thing is running rampant.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

Can you write down the entire error message? Can you still get into safemode?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users