Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

16MB vs 32 MB cache

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freedomwins08

freedomwins08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

is there a big difference in speed? Where are the benefits?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

Some thoughts: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71367

The reality about computing and computer parts...is that the numbers that are thrown at consumers often involve speeds and capacities that users cannot really perceive and which may not be important to the operation of a given system. But...users tend to think that larger numbers are always better, while failing to remember that "significantly" should be used in front of "better".

Louis

#3 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

Here are some charts of Hard drive speeds and how they compare to others. The thing is that for the price of some western digital 16mb cashe hard drives you can get a seagate 32mb cashe hard drive so if thats the case then why not. I have a seagate 16mb cashe 320gb and i built a rig for my cousin that has a 640gb Seagate 32mb cashe, i didnt really notice a huge difference but for the price i was able to get a bigger hard drive with more cashe for less then what newegg was charging for a western digital 16mb.

Hard drive charts

Just click the blue links it will show hard drive performace for each specific application.
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users