Hello ironhead1604 and welcome to the BC forums. After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1
First we need to remove a service.Part 1
- Click Start>Run, type services.msc into the Open editbox and click the Ok button.
- Locate the System Startup Service service and click the Stop button.
- In the Startup type dropdown select Disabled.
- Click the Apply button and then the Ok button.
- Close the Services window
- Click Start>Run, type cmd into the Open editbox and click the Ok button.
- Copy/paste the line below into the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key:
- Close the Command Prompt window
Start HijackThis and click the Scan
button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fkqwil] c:\windows\system32\sybnuq.exe
Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis
and click the Fix Checked
button to finish the repair.Step #3We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:
Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\windows\system32\sybnuq.exe
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.
- Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Now search for these files and delete all instances. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.ShowWnd.exeNote: If you receive any error messages while trying to delete any of the above files/folders then reboot into Safe Mode and try to delete them again. See the instructions below on how to boot into Safe Mode.If needed, start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.
- Press the Enter key.
If you booted into Safe Mode then boot normally now. Download CleanUp!
and install it. Start CleanUp! and click on the CleanUp!
button. Let it run to completion. It may take a few minutes depending on the size of your hard drive so be patient.Step #5
Please run at least 2
of the following on-line virus scans:Trend Micro HousecallBitDefender On-Line Virus ScanPanda ActiveScaneTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
Make sure that you choose "fix" or "clean".Step #6
OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply
button to post your new log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.