Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MICROSOFT OFFICE 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs_Erceg

Mrs_Erceg

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hello everyone, just wondering if someone here could help me with what is a very annoying but silly problem. It is quite hindering however as it is making my work very difficult as i am working to a deadline (monday 22nd December)

Whenever i take the cursor to the middle of an already written paragraph to add something to the sentence, as i write, all the words after what i am writing disappear/ are simultaneously being deleted.

It wasnt happening the last time i was working on this, but it has happened before, and i know that it is just a simple problem. Just wondering if anyone knew how i can fix this.

Many Thanks
Mrs Erceg.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mrs_Erceg

Mrs_Erceg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

I've just been on the phone to my mother and she advised that if i press the "insert" button before typing it will fix it and it worked. Goodness knows why it stopped doing it in the first place, but if it does happen again, thats how to fix it. Thanks for reading anyway people, this one can be closed now :thumbsup:

#3 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

Glad that you quickly diagnosed your own problem. Many times we will inadvertently hit the Insert key on our keyboard without realizing it, which causes the "overwrite" feature to become active in Word.

You can see easily if this is active, however. At the bottom of your Word screen (directly to the left of the little open book icon with the red check mark over it that shows the spelling & grammar check), the letters OVR will be bold and easily seen if this feature is active. The next time you launch Word, take a look down at the bottom of your screen. You'll see those letters, but they'll be a very faint gray -- meaning that it's an inactive feature. So, if this ever happens again, just take a look at your screen, see if OVR is bold, and if it is, press your Insert key on your keyboard to turn it off.

Edited by txtchr, 16 December 2008 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users