Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google.com redirects to Google.co.jp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikeak21

mikeak21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

So just recently, whenever going to google.com, I get re-directed to google.co.jp, the Japanese version of Google. I did some research, and I can access google in english, my I cannot change the default (I've accepted cookies etc, tried everything I could find and as long as I close my browser (this happens on both FF and IE), google japan always comes back.

So I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my I.P. address.

Most of these sites give me an I.P., but are unable to identify my location, a few do get it correct, but most come up as unknown, and one even came up as "Germany". :?:

Also, one of my family members tried to play a game on facebook the other day with a friend and was told he couldn't because he was in a different country. (They're both in the U.S.) Additionally, some sites that showed location detecting ads, no longer show my location.

So I've tried everything from re-connecting my connection, re-newing my IP, running spyware protection programs, and using proxies and then taking them off, but still no solution. Do I have some kind of bug, is someone hacking my computer?

Should I call my ISP? I've already ran malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, Norton, and Spybot with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

If its not a huge deal, can you take the computer to someone elses home and see if it works normally?
THEN you will know for sure if its onboard computer issues or an ISP issue.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

What's the name of your ISP?
And, just as a guess, have you scanned the system for malware? If not, here's a list of free, online scanners: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users