Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

greetings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 t4052

t4052

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

I was not the kid who did well with computers. I remember around middle school having these gigantic Tandy 1 piece computers. We spent the class learning how to write script (DOS?) to makes pictures of santa and the easter bunny and whatever else the teacher felt like making us design. The most boring class EVER! At least when you are 13 and just want to be outside. So it kind of wrecked it for me. I loved my NES and Atari but the computer and me never saw eye to eye after that class. Now they have become a necessity and I am stuck back in the text books trying to learn these things all over again. Sometimes I envy my grandparents who are completely computer oblivious. They think the VCR is some kind of super computer. They would rather garden, or walk around the neighborhood, or knit. I guess I can thank them for my hobbies. I dont knit, but I do grow heirloom tomatos, peppers, onions, and many other vegetables to use for a small salsa business I am toying around with. I BBQ every friday with friends religiously, and love to hike. I have often thought of some really beautiful waterfall when I am getting frustrated with my computer. Dreaming of throwing the stupid thing off is calming. So I came across this forum from HiJack this and will probably be asking some very dumb questions. Please bear with me, I will figure it out. Eventually. Maybe. I also belong to some other forums around the net so if you are into planted freshwater aquariums, or built up powerwheels ( yes the kind for kids), we would get along.
Allright, I have rambled long enough. Hello! Nice to make your aquaintance. And happy hollidays!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, t4052.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 t4052

t4052
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

Hi tg1911,
Thanks for the welcome. This place seems to be a wealth of information. Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to take a look around and see what I can do about virus protection. I am not really pleased with my current antivirus program. I am thinking of going back to AVG. Not sure yet though. Need to read some more testimonials about whats out there first. Hope to se you around- T

Edited by t4052, 16 December 2008 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users