Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here
Please note that rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do not take actionon any of the files found in this log without my supervision
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to the desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe and if you are asked if you want to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please allow it to do so.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan, please click on NO.
- In the right panel you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following the following checkboxes:
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Now click on the Scan button and wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in ark.txt and save it to your desktop.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
- Please save the DDS.txt and the Attach.txt file to your desktop. Then post the contents of the DDS.txt file as a reply to this topic, and in the same reply attach the Attach.txt and the Ark.txt, from the previous gmer run, to your reply. More information on how to attach a file can be found here.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will unfortunately need to close this topic. You are more than welcome to open a new topic if you continue to have problems.