Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop DVD-ROM CD-RW Conflicting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 harvlake

harvlake

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S306 and the DVD-ROM CD-RW won't work. I went into the device manager, and I see a yellow exclamation mark on the DVD/CD-ROM listing. I thought I may be able to replace the drive, which I have, but still have the problem.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Harv

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

These errors are usually driver related, try uninstalling the drivers in the Device Manager, reboot the computer and the installation wizard will search for native drivers for the device and assign them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 harvlake

harvlake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

I think I did that. I went to the device manager, and un-installed the drive. I then checked for new hardware. It found the drive, but it came up with an exclamation mark again.

thanks for your help in this matter
Harv

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:17 AM

Did you uninstall the driver by going to Driver and uninstalling there?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 harvlake

harvlake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Here is what I have done. I've deleted the device from the device manager list. I have also opened the properties for the DVD and clicked uninstall from there, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users