Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this enough protection against threats?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 haldox

haldox

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

I am also wondering if any of my Antivirus, spyware, firewall programs are enough.
I have :
AVG 8.0 FRee
Zone Alarm Firewall FREE
Superantispyware FREE

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hi Haldox,
You might want to consider adding Spyware Blaster to your defense system. Here is the tutorial to go with it -> Using SpywareBlaster to protect your web browser. Another important aspect in you defense system is to always keep your Windows updated windowsupdate.com.

CCRN396

#3 haldox

haldox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Thank you for your response.
I will definately check into Spyware Blaster. I havent had a problem with any of these programs yet, but you cant ever be too careful.

I really didnt know if AVG would be a good real-time protection for spyware. I am constantly making sure all of my programs are up to date. I absolutely despise anything getting into my computer. :thumbsup:

#4 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

Hi Haldox,
I think you have a decent defense system. Plenty of people like AVG. Remember no one program is 100% effective against malware, hence a good firewall and SAS compliment your system very well.

CCRN396 :thumbsup:

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

I agree with CCRN396,

One AV (AVG is fine)
One Firewall (ZoneAlarm is recommended)
One Antispyware (Superantispyware or Spyblaster are great)

Just make sure they get updated weekly and you are as protected as you can be.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#6 haldox

haldox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Thank you so much!! This is my first time using FREE AV and the such. I was a little comprehensive about it being FREE. Nothing against it at all, but just so many programs that are "FREE" arent really worth much, but I am glad I have the ones that are!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users