Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Windows...Your compuetr is low on Memory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 arguiled

arguiled

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

I seem to have gotten my computer infected somehow...i am unsure how exactly, but i think it was with this Winiguard Alert Program i accidentally downloaded...anyway, I have had problems with updating Adaware, AVG and starting Firefox, however, i know have access to all three, and they seem to be working fine.

My current problem appears every so often as a window saying:

YOUR COMPUTER IS LOW ON MEMORY!

It can happend because this computer is infected by viruses. Save your files and press "close programs" button. You must install any antivirus software and check this computer!

Then there are two buttons:

"close programs" and " cancel"

Save your files and press "close programs" button.

end of message.

This is getting annoying now.

This is sometimes accompanied by a shrieking window for WINIGUARDALERT! which promts me to buy the software, which I will not!

Someone please help...I have already used:

AVG free
AdAware
SUPERanispyware
MALWAREBYTES antimalware

all found items and removed them, but I still have these two windows popping up.

Thank you to anyone who can offer a solution to this problem!

Edited by usasma, 15 December 2008 - 07:40 PM.
fixed bbcode tags

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users