Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dwaynea515

dwaynea515

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:45 AM

I am a 52 year old man starting on a new venture. I was a victim of school budget cuts and now am being forced to start a venture that I have been trying to find a way to start for the past 2 years.. I started doing computer service for family and friends as a favor and was told that I should advertise and make money doing it. I ran a small ad in the local paper to see if there was any interest and have been staying pretty busy ever since. However it was not enough to replace my current income from the school. ( I was a custodian). Since I am being fired after this year I am forced to make a living with computer service. I am a long way from being an expert but I hope the answers I need can be found here and other forums I belong to. And maybe I will have the answer to someone elses problem.
My father was a simple man. My mother was a simple woman. You see the result standing in front of you, a simpleton.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 paras

paras

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:10 AM

Hello
Welcome to BC :thumbsup:
paras

Edited by paras, 14 May 2005 - 07:15 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

Hello dwaynea515 and welcome to Bleeping Computers

I hope you find our forum interesting and informative. Lots of knowledgeable people are members here and can certainly help you in your endeavours. Some time ago, a few of our members were discussing starting and running a small computer business and I thought you might find it pertains to what you are trying to accomplish. Feel free to post into that thread if you would like to ask some questions. That thread can be found here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 dwaynea515

dwaynea515
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:44 AM

thanks for the welcome, and the link, mutual help and satisfaction is expected from here
My father was a simple man. My mother was a simple woman. You see the result standing in front of you, a simpleton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users