Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

That out of nowhere warning...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kryptonite

Kryptonite

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

I'll do this in two parts because after the unexpected warning ( will try to recreate it after i post this 1st part )

I thought to sign on here on another computer and type in the warning. But i'm in the middle of a major move and when bleeping informed me that my password was wrong and i began the process of retrieving my password ( that's grounds for another post ) i decided to try a restart in safe mode. The warning was suggesting that i look for a lost sys32 something or other on the original CD. There is no original CD. But it started in safe mode and undid some of the last changes that i made to the desktop environment which basically is the only "change" that i made.

So now i'm going to try a restart and see if those few changes made a difference and if not i will post the warning word for word.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Part 2. It didn't do it this time?

Maybe this is just a little warning to back everything up TODAY!

Do Macs act up like this?

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

Let us know if it comes back.

PS
Windows and Macs stalk our land like two giant stalking things. They are both incarnations of unfathomable evil. :thumbsup:

#4 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

PS
Windows and Macs stalk our land like two giant stalking things. They are both incarnations of unfathomable evil. :thumbsup:

Yes, it came back...

Like people changing religion
i'm going to try a few Sunday's in the MacChurch

Will keep you posted.

#5 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

PS

Is it too late to comment on a post this old? Let's see what happens!

Hey Amazing Andrew, i think that you are correct about the giants stalking. i wonder which one will become " the good soldier " to assist Skynet and The machines?

We need to look to scifi for a preview of coming attractions. IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users