Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost all sound

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Clueless

Clueless

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

Hello. don't know what i did but i have no sound and the volume icon has disappeared from the tray.. had problems with peoplepc and finally got back online and believe i uninstalled the sound card drivers maybe... have no idea what sound card i have. unimodem something?... anyone else have this problem? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Clueless

Clueless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

Sorry. using XP Pro. I go into the sounds folder and all it says is "No Audio Device"

Edited by Clueless, 08 August 2004 - 06:54 PM.

#3 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:02 PM

Go to control panel --> Add Hardware and see if the wizard doesn't find your sound card.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

Well if you havent restarted since this happened just restart it might find it automatically XP usually does!

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:28 PM

Better yet, go into device manager, and uninstall the audio device and reboot! You will have to download sandra to find out what kind of audio card you have!

http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=d...x86&langx=en&a=

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:41 AM

That happened to me last winter. Desktop was crashing. We finally got a anti virus program installed. Seven trojans found! Like Hucker J said > control panel> Add - New Hardware> Box was unchecked by sound device. I had to uncheck one of the ports (not being used) in order to check box for sound. Wierd, you never know what those critters will do. Anything and everything! :thumbsup: But Im no expert (disclaimer) Im just relating what I experienced. :flowers:
Posted Image

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:39 AM

Well I have never had it happen personally I just know how to fix it if it does!

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 13 August 2004 - 10:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users