Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY XP is dying

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 villanarun

villanarun

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

problems in my pc (installed with xp sp2)
1.taskmanager is disabled
2.registryedit is disabled
3.cant boot in safe mode(system reboots when tried for safe mode)
4.make any type of antivirus inactive(i tried avira,kaspersky,avast..some times the installing setup.exe of these antivirus are deleted from my hard disk)
5.cant use sysinternals process monitor
6.antispyware,registry cleaning,avafind are not working
7.most of the options in my rightclick is not working.
8.many of the applications in my controlpanel is not working.

things i tried
1.i tried to edit the registry first using tune up registry editor to bring up the taskman but the value don't change.
2.then i formatted my partition where xp is installed and the reinstalled xp but the problem persisted
3.i removed my hard disk connected it with my friend system and run through a full scan of kaspersky antivirus and then reinstalled xp... the problem still persist.

i need
1.a solution to overcome this problem and bring back my task man and registryeditor and remove the damn virus from my system with out losing other data in other partition of my hard disk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

Can you run a memtest on it?

Edited by cryptodan, 15 December 2008 - 03:31 AM.

#3 villanarun

villanarun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

Can you run a memtest on it?

thanks for considering my problem....
i have not tried this software.where can i get a free download of this software?
i is freeware?

Edited by villanarun, 15 December 2008 - 03:44 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

It could very well be bad memory.

#5 villanarun

villanarun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

how to overcome this problem?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:59 AM

how to overcome this problem?

You buy new RAM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

where can i get a free download of this software?
i is freeware?

You can get a free download at the link provided. Look on the left hand side and follow the link to 'Free Download'. Use the one labeled under: Memtest86 3.4a Release (27/Dec/2007). Then select the one named Pre-Compiled Memtest86 v3.4a installable from Windows and DOS.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

Yep, bad memory is my guess as well
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

#9 villanarun

villanarun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

where can i get a free download of this software?
i is freeware?

You can get a free download at the link provided. Look on the left hand side and follow the link to 'Free Download'. Use the one labeled under: Memtest86 3.4a Release (27/Dec/2007). Then select the one named Pre-Compiled Memtest86 v3.4a installable from Windows and DOS.

i tested my memory with this software and after half an hour run it reported 0 errors and 105% PASS and "good"RAM.
so please give me some other help....i can see that its similar to a rookit i think so...so please help me BACK..

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

It's normally recommended to let Memtest go through several passes - best to leave it run overnight.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 Luser

Luser

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

Let the memtest go over night..
If still no errors get your windows installation cd and do a strong repair (not from the repair console), choose install at the first option then the installation program will tell you that you got an version of windows install, now there will be another option to repair take it and now the installlation will reinstall windows right over the old keeping all installed applications and settings.

After the install you have to reupdate windows so apply the SP3 and then do a microsoft update to be ontop with all the lastest patches.

This should fix most of the heavy problems you got.
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users