Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kenshiro

kenshiro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

my computer is displaying often this

pic 1

pic 2

is this a virus or what? im really annoyed by this..

i would be very grateful to somebody who could help me solve this..

Edited by kenshiro, 15 December 2008 - 03:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

Svchost.exe is the filename for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. It is a process name for a group of services that are run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs). This is a process that can run other services underneath itself so it may not be svchost.exe that's the issue, but rather one of the processes running underneath it. See "How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process".

If you do a Google search for Generic Host Process for Win32 Error, you will find this error is a common complaint by many users with no single solution. What works for one person may not work for another.

Start by reading this articles by Microsoft:
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" error message after you start the computer
Generic Host Process Error Message
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kenshiro

kenshiro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

thanks..
i'm currently using windows xp sp2.. if i switch to sp3, do you think i wont be encountering this bug??

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Its not a matter of switching. Its a matter of keeping current with your OS and all updates released by Microsoft. Using unpatched Windows systems on the Internet is a security risk to everyone. When there are insecure or infected computers connected to the Internet, malware spreads faster and more extensively, distributed denial-of-service attacks are easier to launch, spammers have more platforms from which to send e-mail and more machines become compromised. Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch for it. After the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your computer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users