Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2009 keeps redirecting us! Grrr

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lioness333

lioness333

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:28 AM

I'm on the phone with my bf. We printed
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...-antivirus-2009
from my computer.

When he types in the above link, the link is by-passed and jumps to unrelated sites. (ie. He can't get to malware site...redirects to some humor site)

This happens when he tries to download or access anything with spyware type info.

Looking for the next step.
Any ideas greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Edited by lioness333, 15 December 2008 - 01:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:05 AM

If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs from your machine, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection. Save mbam-setup.exe to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer or install from the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD so it will install on the hard drive.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users