Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Restarting after Logging in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdukze

jdukze

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hi guys,
I am working on this computer that has a funny problem.
It boots up normally, after I turn it on.
Then theres the login screen . After I log in it justs restarts automatically and happens continously all the time I try to log in.
I am not sure if its a virus problem, or software problem.
But Please, anybody who knows what to do or has encountered this before halp me out on this one.
I am just so confused and dont know what to do. :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:
Thanks Guys I'ld really appreciate your help. :thumbsup: :flowers:
JDUKZE

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does
anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

Hello, welcome to Bleeping computers

Your problem could be malware but with a bit more info we wont know.
Try booting into safe mode, if its a driver problem you should be able to, however if its is malware or a corrupt file you wont be able to.
To boot into safe mode start the computer and just before you see the windows screen you have to hit f8 (i find conistently tapping works) if windows starts loading you have just missed it.

After hitting f8 you will see a menu of and one of them will be safe mode, choose that and hit enter. when you get into windows you will see a message asking if you want to continue into windows or do a restore, choose yes you want to get into windows.

Then we will stop the autostart feature.
Right click my computer (if its not on the desktop click start button first)
then properties
choose the advanced tab
the click the settings button in the startup and recovery box
now take the tick out of automatic restart.
Click ok and then ok and restart the pc, the next time the system boots hopefully rather then crashing and autorebooting it will give us a blue screen with some error codes (that look like 0x00000012, 0x00004ea1) and hopefully mention a file (usually a .dll) if you reply with what you find we will see what we can see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users