Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help! computer won't start up!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 suites

suites

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:35 AM

I brought it from class and it worked fine there but I get it home and can't get it to start and the power cords are fine I checked them.The monitor is working fine..Any ideas I have taken it apart 3 times....windows xp pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

You may have knocked something loose when you moved it. I seen that happen many times. If there are any jumpers on the motherboard, take a look and make sure they are all still there.

What happens when you turn it on?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 suites

suites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

nothing at all it acts like its getting no power at all.But it is plugged inand everything..ok jumpers those are where?

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:37 AM

Download the Manual from here and look up the jumper setting on page 31. Make sure there is nothing underneath the motherboard causing it to short to the case. Make sure everything is properly attached. Go through everything we discussed in the last thread you posted.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 suites

suites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

31 only has what it is when you can get the computer on to see how to maintain the jumpers...This I can't see..lol

#6 suites

suites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

I will say that one side of the motherboard looks higher than the others tho so something could be underneath of it..

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

Take a look and let us know.

#8 suites

suites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

hey hun, I looked under the motherboard and nothing was thier I put it back in so the only thing that it may be is the jumper on the harddrive or the power supply..What do ya think?

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

31 only has what it is when you can get the computer on to see how to maintain the jumpers.

Keep looking in the manual, the cmos has a jumper on it. Other than that I don't know what it might be.

#10 suites

suites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

I'm back updated

I bought another power supply so I know its not that so what else could it be? I did realize that the glue is comming apart in the front where the four twisted wires come into the inside of the pc ...Could this be the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users