Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My mozilla is acting up....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks for all that you do.

Ok, here is the deal. My machine has been running a bit sluggish as of late, and, have been having a lot of popups on mozilla. Actually, most of the popups have been entire web pages, not just the banner ad that pops up. The It doesn't even show on the bottom of the screen. for instance, I had my web browser open yesterday, and started hearing a Sports announcement. I checked every one of my 5 tabs, and even closed them all, but, couldn't find them on any of those tabs, but, there was a web page behind my current mozilla browser, with a basketball game going on it. I have had many of those started happening. A basketball game was just one.

Also, and not sure what this is, but, you know how on some mice you can push down the middle scroll button to just use the mouse to scroll up and down the page? I.E., you push it down, it 'locks' the browser into going up or down by simply pulling/pushing the mouse? Well, that happened automatically, and I had to close my browser to fix that.

I have SpyBot running in the background, and, have been getting a lot of messages from that program about registry programs/entries being changed. Typically, spybot gives me the option of allowing or denying the change, and it did on some of these, but, on others, it did not, just the option of allowing. Also, these spybot popups were happening after another over and over again.

Last night, I ran a complete SuperAntiSpyware, and I am not getting the spybot popups so far this morning, but, I feel as if I may be infected. I did get some popups that looked as if they were from my AVGFREE program, but, was scared to click on it thinking it may be a link to a virus on a website somewhere. The last time it popped up, I did click on "heal" and since then, no issues.

Thanks for all the help. I'll do whatever you guys say.

Jeremy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

If used, disable Spybot's Teatimer for the time being.
--------------------------

Welcome to BC.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

Edited by garmanma, 14 December 2008 - 11:52 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

Thanks. Here is what you asked for.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1500
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/14/2008 9:49:12 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-14 (21-49-12).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 90588
Time elapsed: 21 minute(s), 3 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 9
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 8

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mzbqis.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2ffe218c-ff77-426f-ad3a-4549a7765a0c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2ffe218c-ff77-426f-ad3a-4549a7765a0c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9e91ef7b-6846-45c3-a8ab-67cf7c900783} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{28abc5c0-4fcb-11cf-aax5-81cx1c635612} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\restore (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\NI.GSCNS (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mzbqis.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013\Desktop.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\NI.GSCNS\dl.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\NI.GSCNS\settings.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Xpw4Y5Qn.exe.a_a (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSSaefc.tmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSosvn.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Please reboot your computer and update Malwarebytes. This time do a FULL scan and post the new log here
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

Computer is seemingly doing ok. I have been busy, and haven't been able to work on it again. I will leave it be until it gives me issues again. I am about to start working on my next computer, in a new thread.

Thanks and cheers,

Jeremy

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

I doubt if you're clean yet, but it's your call
Good luck
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Now, my computer is being a bit slow.

Here is my latest Malwarebytes log, after an update and a restart.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1604
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

1/3/2009 9:43:31 PM
mbam-log-2009-01-03 (21-43-31).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 217687
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 32 minute(s), 31

second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0