Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMV files no longer show thumbnail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:27 PM

EDIT2: As a last resort I did a system restore to a day prior. It solved the problem, but I'm not sure why. Oh well. Should you know of a real fix, please post it as there are many other people who may not have the luxury of a system restore.

I have xp sp3. Now all of a sudden out of the blue, thumbnails of wmv files no longer show. Movie clips and others still show, but not wmv. I have not downloaded anything that might affect file asociation, so I have no idea what's wrong. How do you affect the thumbnails to determine what is shown and what isn't so I can go there and perhaps retell it to show wmv's? Or even a free program that can do this job. Thank you.

EDIT: Found the following site and tried everything to no avail. wmv video files still will not show a thumbnail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-...thumbnails.html

Edited by solaris32, 14 December 2008 - 01:25 AM.

When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users