Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

making remote desktop as secure as possible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lusher00

lusher00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

What are some things that I can do to make remote desktop as safe as possible while using a service like TZO. I want to be able to access my computer from anywhere in the world so that means anyone else can too. Is my connection as safe as the strength as my password or are there some things I need to fix up to make my connection more secure? I am using a linksys wrt54gl router with norton360 firewall. What are some settings in there I can change in those to make my system more secure?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

to add an extra layer of security you can use a vpn (setup in windows or swap to a vpn modem/router), also change the default tcp listen port that is used by remote desktop to something else works pretty well.

If you are going to be away for a while id get a decent ups and go into the bios and make sure the power state after powerloss is always on.

Edited by Charybdis, 13 December 2008 - 07:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users