Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad not working.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 breannuhhrene

breannuhhrene

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

I am having the same problem as this person was:

Hello friends. I have a Dell Vostro 1000 Laptop. I am having a problem with my touchpad driver. It does not have to do with the charger or battery I beleve for I tried with and without the charger. Here is the problem. I shall describe it. Do you know how on the touchpad you can tap it and it acts as a left click instead of pressing the button to click/left click? Well now I can't do that I have to tap several times so it acts as a click. To click once I have to tap the touchpad twice where as before you just had to tap it once. The settings have nothing to do with it. I can't find where to get the drivers so can somebody hep me with this problem. Also can I have a link from where I can get dell vostro 1000 drivers for xp. I use a mouse sometimes and I am not sure if its because of that so can I have the driver site or help please the is very necessary because it is more convenient for me to just tap the touchpad to click rather the press the cleck button I am just so used to it. Thanks alot.

Although they did not post their solution :/

Any help pleaseee! This problem is making it so I cannot play my games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skiplc

skiplc

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

All Dell machines have a "Service Tag Number". It'll be on the bottom of a laptop. Go to:

http://support.dell.com/

Click on Drivers & Downloads and click on Enter a Tag. All the information and downloads you should ever need there.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Same driver for XP or Vista:
Installation instructions at the bottom of the page
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=238839
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 breannuhhrene

breannuhhrene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Installing that did not work :thumbsup:

#5 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

theres a FN button, and one of the F keys up top should have a graphic of a touchpad on top right ....try hitting the 2 at the same time....worked for me one time.
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users