Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Hogging 100% of CPU Resources

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ToddOH43

ToddOH43

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:38 AM

Whenever Java.exe is running, CPU usage will spike to 100% for 10-15 seconds at a time, then return to 20-30% for 10-15 seconds then spike again at 100% for 10-15 seconds. This cycle last as long as JAVA is open and running. It happens if I'm using ie or firefox. I've cleaned the registry, run virus scans, uninstalled and reinstalled java, defragged, updated my video and sound drivers, run SPyBot S&D, etc., etc. I should also mention that CPU utilization will also peg at 100% when viewing videos, streaming or not.

AMD Turion64, 1GB RAM, running windows xp, SP3.

I've spent nearly a month searching this forum and several others for an answer to this, but have found nothing of any consequence.

Someone's gotta have an answer to this - three other computers in the house (that are older with slower processors and far less RAM) have no problems.

Many thanks in advance!

Todd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

Java tends to leave remnants behind, after an uninstall.
Try downloading the latest version of Java, then using JavaRa to remove all traces of previous installs.
Then re-install Java.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users