Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only see wallpaper after rebooting windows XP sp3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zsbook

zsbook

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:05 AM

I recieved a intrusion prevention message from Norton Internet Security and it resommened that I reboot to clear the promble. I tried before rebooting to see what the virus was but there was no file name or any indication of the exact promlem. So I rebooted my system. after the reboot all I get is wall paper, no icons, no task bar, etc... I also lost the network connection. when I do reboot I get an error indicating that Norton's "Intrusuin Prevention failed to load error code 0x80010203' I click ok and all that is left is wallpaper.

Using the task manager I'm able to start regular appication via "New Task" Button. But I can't start any windows services such as explorer.exe, sevices.mmc etc. I get an error stating that it can't find the file even thought I can see it and select it to run. I did try and re-install windows but I just get a blue screen when it get to the point of starting windows to begain the installation, after copying the the install files.

At this point I'm lost dazed and confusion... Please help.

Zsbook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users