Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with installing drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jesse Pattinson

jesse Pattinson

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

hi there. If anyone can help me thankyou so much in advance. my computer has been messing up so i decided to reformat it. I cant connect to the internet because it does not have an ethernet controller. I dont know what drivers to install to get it working properly because i dont know all the info about the motherboard etc. I know there is a program that tells you all of that info but i dont know where to find it or how to get it. can anyone help? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:39 AM

What kind of connection do you have to the Internet? If you are using a modem you will need the drivers for that.

If you have the drivers installed but don't have a CD to set up the connection to you ISP you may need to contact them to help you set up the connection.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

If you have a name brand computer, then use the drivers CD that came with the computer, if you can find it. If you do not have the CD then you go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers for your particular model. If you have a hard time finding the drivers, please post the manufacturer, model number, and serial and/or any other identifying numbers that you find on the computer and we will help you find the correct download page.

If you have a custom computer (not a name brand) you can use Everest to see the make and model of the motherboard. If your Ethernet is on-board (meaning it is part of the motherboard) then we can find the correct driver with the motherboard information. If, on the other hand, the Ethernet port is on an expansion card that plugs into the motherboard - then we will need the info regarding the Ethernet card to find the correct drivers. The same is true with the video card.

I think Everest can still be downloaded from Major Geeks website: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

We will wait to hear back from you with more information...
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users