Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer overheated, now won't turn back on?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hi guys.
I was using my computer before. All of a sudden it froze so i hit the power button. The computer beeped like it was rebooting but it sounded like the hard drive was still writing or spinning. Nothing had come up on my monitor but the computer was on. Then i flicked the power point switch because i couldn't turn it off any other way. Now the computer won't turn back on! I felt the back of the computer, it was rather hot. Could have the heat caused problems with me starting my computer? Im concerned.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

(Continued) could this be a problem due to me turning of the power? I really didn't need this to happen at the moment, since i can't afford to have it fixed. I'm hoping someone can help me. :thumbsup:

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

looks like you stuffed it
it shoundent get hot
how hot was it just like a warm feeling or burning hot
open the case and see if its really dustie and get some canned air and spay it all out
and see if the fans are spinning becasue if they anit then you may have blown the motherborard

and you should not just turn the power switch off
this probloy didit do much to it but its possible that it did some thing but probloy not

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

but if the computer is stuffed then dont borther cleaning it out with canned air

#5 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

The computer is up and running again now. I have a feeling the harddrive or CPU overheated OR my cooling fan is bleeped.

I'm going to take it to a techie after Christmas and have it looked at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users