Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a trojan that redirects my searches...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowlink

Shadowlink

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys, a little while ago I somehow got a trojan and now everytime I do a search on Yahoo! or Google I get taken to a random ad site. I am afraid I will get information stolen and everything. So far I have literally tried 12 programs (seperately of course) and none of them removed it. On two occasions my internet stopped working after the virus is removed and when I restore the system it is back. I'm not sure what the trojan is called. I am about to post a HijackThis, but I want to know if there is any possible solution right now.

Thanks,

Shadow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hello, Do you have a name for this malware to give us?
Have you run Malwarebytes or Superantispyware? If so post those scan logs for review?
Are you using XP or another?
What is you Antivirus?
Thanks...
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Shadowlink

Shadowlink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

I'm actually not sure what the name of the virus is. Everytime a scanner has found something and deleted it, the problem still persists.
So far the programs I tried were:
Trojan Hunter
Norton Anti-Virus
Trend Micro Antivirus
AVG
Avast!
Trojan Remover
Live One Care
Ad-Aware
Malwarebytes
Spybot: Search and Destroy
Superantispyware
and antivir.

Malwarebtes and Superantispyware might have done the trick, but when i restarted my comp my internet connection cut out and I did not know how to fix it. So i had to restore system and the virus came back.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Hello out of these...
Norton Anti-Virus
Trend Micro Antivirus
AVG
Avast!
AntiVir... You can only have one active.tey will just search each oyher and cause all sort of trouble. pick one and Uninstall the rest.

We can fix this Run another Malwarebytes and Superantispyware scan. Post back 2 logs. Thanks.I'll be back in the morning.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users