Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NT system/authority

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have a ACER PC and I having a problem with getting windows to satrt. About a minute after getting set up i get a error NT system/authority and this PC will logoff in 30 seconds.
There is alsp a message about a RPC error

How do I fix this ? There have been no changes to my PC

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hmmm... if I didn't know any better, I'd say your computer is infected with our old friend the Blaster worm. But it's been years since I've heard of an infection.

I have been hearing some talk of this problem after updating to XP Service Pack 3. It's either a bug with SP3 or a new malware which resembles Blaster.

First, I'd recommend running a full malware scan in Safe Mode (How do I get into Safe Mode?)

If the scan doesn't turn up anything and/or the Remote Procedure Call service is still dying, here's how to prevent it from shutting down your PC:

Click Start>Run and type in services.msc and press enter.
Scroll down to Remote Procedure Call, right click and select properties.
Go to the Recovery tab and change the settings from Restart the computer to
restart the service.

This should cure the symptom, if not the cause.

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Thanks

I do not time to do anything. The run bar does not load and the system shut off in one minute.

I nned to find a way to keep the system up

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Have you tried Safe Mode as Amazing Andrew has suggested?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

Thanks

That helped. The PC does not shut off

However I have a new error, Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem.

SVChost is is using 75 % of teh CPU.

I have no internet access

Any ideas on how to fix this

Thanks

T

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

You won't have Internet access in Safe Mode - you'll have to select Safe Mode with Networking to get that.
Then follow Amazing Andrew's suggestions
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users