Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 unclemarine

unclemarine

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

I don't know if this belongs in this spot. It does have to do with my internet connection and Windows Media Player.
Here's the problem: I am connected to Warner Cable Road Runner (high speed) internet. I have been enjoying one of their features ie, being able to click on the radio button and listen to several stations providing classical music which uses "Windows Media Player" my player is Ver. 11. Yesterday when I clicked on radio a box popped up:
"This website wants to run the following add-on Windows Media Player extention fr..." along with that is another "your're missing the following required plugin to play radio" (no indication of the plugin).
I called Warner Cable they said I should contact Microsoft. Thanks a lot. What I did was to bring up Windows Media Player ver. 11 and clicked help and on update which ran a scan. This came up after the scan:
"Player scan indicates your computer is running the most recent version of Windows Media Player and all of it's components. No update is available at this time.
Is there any help out there?
UncleMarine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users