Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sevan

Sevan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hey, first time poster as well, I've found 6 files which i believe to be associated with this trojan.
Mushimu.exe
oleee.dll
purasi.exe
losi.exe
xeros.exe
merman.exe
in addidion to these files there was also the pop-up files previously discussed.
each file is found in a different folder of documents and settings/*username*/application data/

I've deleted all thses items and only losi.exe gave me an access denied error, claiming it was in use by another program.
Any suggestions on how to remove this final piece of the puzzle?

Magpie, either check the folders in /application data for these files and delete them or use a search to locate them and delete them. Once thats don't rename the .exe and the .dll in your /application data/google folder (you can recognise these files because their creation date should be fairly recent) and that should stop your browser from freezing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sevan

Sevan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

@Keviv, Tried safe mode, still no love. Any more tips? I've deleted any entry under losi.exe in the registry as well. really frustrating me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users