Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphic card temperature

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Is it normal that my graphic card Gainward 8800 GT 1GB goes up to 51 degrees when i play?

Graphic Card Gainward 8800gt GB INFO

Another question on that graphic card.
On that site there is 'Cooling: 2-Slot Fan', that means that i can add another fan, and i will have 2 fans ?

Thanks

Edited by Deadly Elegance, 12 December 2008 - 02:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

Your temperatures are fine. A dual slot cooler means that the cooling system on the card takes up two expansion card slots.

3939.png

#3 skiplc

skiplc

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Actually, that's pretty cool compared with other 8800GT's with the stock (reference) cooler. Some of them have been tested in the 80C range when under full 3D load and only achieve temps like yours at idle.

The 2 slot fan means the video card will probably cover 2 slots on the motherboard...it's much wider than the reference design.

#4 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the info

When i am idle, the temperature will be about 42/43 degrees , at least it is normal that goes up to that temperature.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users