Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what graphics card should replace my geforce 8800gt?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 red_xiii 420

red_xiii 420

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

I am looking to play empire total war on max settings a

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

How much are you looking to spend? Also, what kind of processor do you currently have? A slow processor can considerably bottleneck a graphics card.

I would recommend at least an ATI 4850, but it isn't a huge improvement over the 8800GT. If you want to spend around $250 or a little more, you should look into the Nvidia GTX 260 with 216 cores. Don't confuse this with the other one with only 192 cores. These are almost as good as the GTX 280's and if you can get one overclocked enough, it can actually give you the same, if not better, performance as a GTX 280!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users