Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant popups + computer freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kisara

Kisara

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Lately, I've been bombarded with constant popups (about one every couple minutes) and my computer is much slower, not to mention my programs freeze often. I have already removed Internet Speed Monitor and Viewpoint, but I'm still experiencing the problem. It has, however, slowed down slightly from several popups per minute to one every couple minutes.

I've also have warnings from the Security Center Alert that I have Trojan.Zlob.G, but I'm not sure how to remove it or if it is the main cause of the popups.

I use Windows XP, by the way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

*edit: I forgot to mention I've also removed gadcom.exe.
*edit2: I deleted several .exe files, such as xeros.exe, merman.exe, etc. It seems my problem may be caused by klnxv19819115 and related .exe files such as kjzna1562565.exe and Klnxv19819115.exe, but I have problems deleting it. Whenever I try, I get this message: "Cannot delete klnxv19819115.exe: Access is denied. Make sure disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

I've tried deleting them with Killbox, but it also failed to delete the files. Strangely, enough, however, when I tried searching for kjzna1562565.exe only minutes after I first found it, it seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure if it was deleted or if it is simply undetected?

*edit3: I've renamed the .exe files, like someone suggested in the other thread, but I'm not sure if that is enough to get rid of the virus.

Edited by Kisara, 12 December 2008 - 02:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keviv

keviv

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

hey, i faced a similar problem last week. i think it's a brand new malware, because there doesn't seem to be much information. but look through my old thread, and maybe this will work for you too: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184686/zlob-like-rogueware-cant-defeat-it/

#3 Kisara

Kisara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

Okay, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users