Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winbatch runtime error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jrod4545

jrod4545

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

hello everyone this is my first post and i need some help! i picked up a virus that i believe someone downloaded. i have windows xp media center edition and i cannot find the virus. i used avg and malwarebytes and those dont work. i rebooted my computer and everything seemed to be normal except until the very end i got a few boxes open up. one said winbatch runtime error #9999. another that exe file damaged. is not usable. the next box said fatal error dll(s) not found. and the last box said c:/hp/patches/43ww1rfb/sandr.exe............can anyone please help. i have been tryin to find some help but cant seem to find it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

If AVG didn't pick it up as a virus it must be a NET virus. This type of virus will not damage your computer but it might create new user account, and it might disable your firewall. Check your firewall settings, and run this command:
net user
If a user account pops up that you dont know then post the name of it ;)

~StickDude101

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

winbatch runtime error #9999
Winbatch is a Microsoft Windows scripting language

c:/hp/patches/43ww1rfb/sandr.exe
Do you have the program Sisoft Sandra installed?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 jrod4545

jrod4545
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

no i dont havet the program sisoft installed. i forgot to say that the virus was downloaded from a fake xbox live code generator and i cannot restart my computer. it wont turn back on and i have to reboot it everytime. i dunno if that would help......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users