Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What CPu do you recommend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maroon

maroon

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

hey guys yeah i know all i ever seem to do is ask for help but hopefully with your help i will beable to do the same for others in the future.

Right basically i would like some recommendations of an upgrade from my intel celeron d 3.06 ghz, i want it for some really smooth gaming and have a budget of up to a top end of 200(dont know what that is in dollers). Also i would like a processor that would fit an lga 775 socket as i dont really want to change my mobo.

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

What's the motherboard model? Not all motherboards, even if they are socket 775, can support core 2 quad processors, or even core 2 duo. If you know for sure though that your motherboard does support them, I would go with eithwer the E8400 or E8500 Wolfdale processor's. They are both processor's using the new 45nm manufacturing tech. If you want to spend more, than you should go with the Q9300 quad-core processor.

We are glad to help you with all your computer problems too :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 maroon

maroon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:13 PM

Eh my mobo is a MSI P4M900M2 not very sure what half the terms on the box mean as im a bit of a noob lol

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

MSI has a list of CPU's compatible with your motherboard. Not all LGA775 processors are compatible.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users