Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a primer on Flash products

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kvon

kvon

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

Per the recommendation on another thread to beef up the security on my system, I ran the Secunia Online Software Inspector to check the version security of various software apps on my system. It turned up (among other things) that I've got not 1, but 3 versions of flash living on my system: Adobe Flash 10.0.12, Adobe Flash 9.0.47, & Macromedia Flash 7.0.19.

I have 2 questions:

1) Do I need both Adobe & Macromedia versions? What's the difference?

2) I checked the add/remove programs, and the Adobe verion 9 doesn't show up. Pretty sure I don't need both versions 9 & 10, but how to I get rid of 9?

Thanks in advance...!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Use the Flash removal tool.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 kvon

kvon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

Well that did it... This uninstalled everything, just had to re-install the correct version again. Pretty simple, whole thing took about 3 minutes. (Wish the damn browser hijacking was that simple!)

Thanks!

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:40 AM

I use Secunia as well and their update links work with most programs but not Flash. You have to uninstall the old version first. So keep the uninstall tool handy as you will need it again in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users