Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox & ICS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coldvayne13

coldvayne13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hey everyone well heres my situation i bought a modchip for my xbox, that was ...interesting to install but none the less its installed, now i'm trying to hook up the online feature of it so i can use XBconnect which is over the internet, not to mention all the other internet goodies that come with a modchip SO now i have that all installed & everything & i have the xbox connected with a xover cable to my desktop that connects to the internet through a wireless dlink pci card, & ICS is enabled & works... but its very choosy, if i have the LAN enabled i can connect to the xbox via FTP, if i have it disabled then i can have internet, but my internet will not work to surfpages when my LAN is enabled & i cant connect to the xbox when its not, i have verizon which is PPPoE but the thing it seems to be is that my computer is trying to say ok the LAN is on thats where the internet connection is, when in acctuallity its still with the Wireless, so im wondering is if there is anyway to change the order of internet adapters or something ANYTHING, IPs are all in order & like i said it can work if i only use one or the other so i know its not an IP conflict, so it has to be something else im completely confused now though can someone PLEASE HELP, im on xp home for what its worth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

check your firewall setting on the computer with ics and i would try using a hub insted of a cross over cable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users