Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restrictions from an admin account?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

I have XP Media Center. Why, when using an account with admin privileges, would I get a message telling me I have to log on as an admin in order to perform a particular function?

"An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes."

Edited by jtphenom, 11 December 2008 - 02:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Luser

Luser

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Because some programs require you to be logged in as the "Administrator", I w seen this before and the program have been written to not only go on your privileges but also the user name.

Just as the message says "You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes".
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

#3 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

I think that means that something in that folder is already running. And/Or it is a virus/malware/spyware.

Are you trying to delete it or execute it/Edit it?

Thank You

~StickDude101

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users