Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wii games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaysnzees

jaysnzees

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

I've seen wii games available for download, and they look legit. Can these be burned and played? Or would I have to make alterations to the wii itself?
What is thy bidding? My Master?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

Personally, I highly doubt it's legit. I've never heard of downloadable games for the Wii that you can burn to a disc (except once, but it was also hacked).

Just to be safe, I can't answer that as per forum rules.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, I didn't wanna break any rules. It said wii games downloaded to your PC. i was just curious. thx
What is thy bidding? My Master?

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

I looked into it a little more on Nintendo's website, and there isn't any information that has downloadable games to a disc at all.

I think that downloading games over the web and onto a computer is something Nintendo probably wouldn't want to do due to the fact that it can be exploited more easily and be distributed on torrent sites, cracks, and other places (as well as making copies for oneself to distribute to others). The only games that can be downloaded for the Wii are games from the Wii Shop Channel, which those are saved directly to the Wii (maybe SD cards as well, but I doubt it).

Nintendo stamps all of their games with a Seal of Approval (both the case and the disc), which helps consumers know for sure if what they're getting is legitimate and legally made by the manufacturers.

So...no, there aren't any games that can be downloaded to a computer and be burned to a disc to play on the Wii.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I should know that as I own a Wii myself....I hate random brain farts....:thumbsup:

Edited by scff249, 11 December 2008 - 09:14 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

lol dude. He's talking about pirated games. Nintendo's website isn't going to tell you anything about them. Yes its possible, No you won't get details of how here.

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

What I was saying was that in short, I was looking for nothing much due to brain farts.

I already knew they were illegal, but I was looking as a way to confirm it and post that information on what Nintendo has to say on it, as evidence of what they say is better than nothing, then get this topic closed (which I may want to do...like...uh...now).

And the information I last posted above should be enough to say on my suspicions, hopefully.

Of course...yeah...

...shutting up.

Edited by scff249, 15 December 2008 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users