Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whytewolf

whytewolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

I have a hard drive of that holds 76.3 G, Now when I "select all" it reads 28.4 G used but unselected it says that used space is 74.7 G used. I know time to format. My question is how can I find out what the old data is and how can I read it or even see part of the fragmented files. :thumbsup: I want to relic hunt, any PC Archaeologists out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

Hidden system files and folder can certainly take up a lot of space depending on their settings. Try showing hidden and system files and then use
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spacemonger.html

Spacemonger gives a easy to understand GUI to let you explore the used space on your pc

#3 Luser

Luser

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

What sort of computer you got?

Brand? model? laptop? stationary? OS?
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users