Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook address book

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 claudia

claudia

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:12 AM

I am trying to save my Outlook contacts to a floppy for backup. I have office xp. I used to be able to just highlight all my contacts and copy and then save to a floppy now i cant do this and cant seem to figure out how to back them up to a floppy. I see i can do it on express but i dont use express. How can i backup my contacts? or send to outlook express to back up from there?

thanks
claudia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:55 AM

From the File menu, click on Import and Export menu item. Then select Export to a file and click Next. From the next menu, choose a format, "Comma Separated Values" is probably your best bet, and click Next. You will be asked to choose a folder to export. Choose the floppy drive, give it a name and save! :thumbsup:
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 claudia

claudia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

Thank you soooooooo much!
Now if my computer ever crashes and i need to get these address off the floppy back into outlook how do i do that? file, import then what?
seems like this was all simplier with my 98 than with xp:-(

thanks again
claudia

#4 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:48 PM

To import, click on File, Import and Export. Since you exported your contacts as a comma separated values file, choose Import from another program or file and then click Next. Select Comma Separated Values as the file type. Now click Browse and navigate to the file on your floppy drive. Once you select the file, choose where you want to import the file to. On the last screen, verify that the action to be performed is what you want and check the box. Click Finish and your done! :thumbsup:
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#5 claudia

claudia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:54 PM

Thank you so much for all the help!

claudia

#6 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:11 AM

Hi Claudia
Just a thought! If you have a CD drive it might be safer to back up to CD rather than floppy as floppies tend to deteriorate with time, and the backup info may be lost in the fluff and dust that can get in!

To do it, I guess the above instructions still apply, except you browse to the CD drive and use whatever CD burning software you have to make the copy.

Cheers
Luci2a :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users