Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IBM ThinkPad 755CE Keyboard cables

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 santlou

santlou

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi,

I have several older IBM Thinkpad 755CE laptops. I was having problems with the keyboard on one of them, so I disconnected the keyboard and plugged it back in. Now I have most of the keys working except for the middle-right keys (i.e. I,O, K, L, <, >, ?)...

There are 3 ribbon cables from the keyboard to the mainboard. I'm not sure which keys are controlled by which cables. Every time I re-adjust the cables, different keys work/not work. I'm assuming the small cable on the left controls the mouse pointer, and the two cables to the right control the keys.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I can't find any documentation on the IBM website that specifies this information.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users